Korean women see taking care of their skin as an investment and something that deserves their time and money. Most Korean women you meet will have the most beautiful and flawless skin. The reason for their great skin is this ten-step beauty routine they follow every night without fail. Here in the USA we shop at Sephora (non affiliate link)
- Prep and Cleanse – The first part requires removing the day’s makeup and creams by using a towelette that is rich with nutrients. The second part is using an oil cleanser to get rid of sebum and bacteria in and on the skin.
- Cleanse Again – The Koreans have a double-cleanse method, so you cleanse your face twice. The second cleanser should be a foaming cleanser that is applied in circular motions.
- Double Buff and Exfoliate – Perfect skin has no room for dead skin cells. You should focus on areas that need it when exfoliating. Exfoliating your whole face every night is a bit much, but focusing on problem areas will help get you that flawless skin.
- Toner – Korean toners are not filled with alcohol like the ones in the Western hemisphere. Instead, it is a hydrating and clarifying cleansing product. The toner helps to tighten skin, restore the pH balance and prep the skin to absorb the products that follow.
- Essence – This is a nourishing liquid that is spritzed on the face to help with skin renewal. Apart from the double cleansing, this is the most important part of the process.
- Ampoule – This is a vitamin-rich version of essence and it fights signs of aging. It will address dull skin, uneven tone, and loss of elasticity.
- Masks and Massages – At this point, a mask is a good idea, however, you don’t want to use a mask every night. On the in-between nights, give your skin a good massage to increase circulation.
- Eye Cream – This is to fight against fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles. Just tap it around the eyes.
- Emulsify – This is the part where you replenish the moisture in your skin. It is basically the application of moisturizer.
- More Moisture – Add another layer of moisturizer or a sleeping pack. This ensures that moisture stays locked in overnight.
This is an extensive process, but the beautiful Korean women are walking proof that it works.